Sunday, January 24, 2016

1st challenge passed

I just survived my kid's birthday party. It was epic. I should have napped, but with everything to do, I just didn't get the chance.  So midway through the party, I began to feel quite ill. I started feeling disoriented, like I was going to collapse. At one point, I had trouble with my vision, where it seemed like things were blurry and aura-like, almost like a migraine. My friends and the kid's father helped with the clean-up. I wasn't feeling too good on the ride home. When I got inside, I just crashed on the recliner. I know I needed sleep, but instead I just vegged out in front of the tv, watching stuff from the dvr for 2 hours. This is so not like me. So I went to bed. And despite desperately needing to do at least 5 action items this morning, I only completed one (granted, it's only 8:30 a.m. on Sunday) and I'm heading back to sleep. The scale told me that I've lost 4.9 pounds in one week. What!? I've been tracking it daily, so I know it's not a 1-day water variation. Wow. And even with strength training 2x week. In fact, the Aria scale says I gained .8 lb in lean mass over 2 days. This is a big deal. It means that I'm doing it right. I hope to keep it up. And that includes more rest.
Pat on the back to me for resisting the cake - just had a little bit of icing, instead. Yippee! Gotta celebrate all the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment